On my giving thanks post. What did you think I meant? The turkey has digested, but the thankfulness is still around. Here’s my list.
1) Ding dong, the Twinkie’s dead. The first step in my diabolical plan to have MoonPies named King of the Snack Cakes.
2) Squish wants a homemade gift for Christmas. Sure, his wish is a baby sister, and he’ll be disappointed on Christmas morning, but I’m so proud that he isn’t feeding into this frenzy of rampant consumerism. Actually, maybe he is. He keeps asking me to call the baby store to see if his baby sister is in. I tried to explain about Black Friday, but I’m not sure he understands.
3) Our weekend after Thanksgiving was spent hiking. We went from an environment where we were grateful that there were fewer than 20 people in line ahead of us at the register to feeling a little crowded when we saw six people on the trail.
4) We will not have to visit the mall and wait in endless lines to meet Santa. Because Squish is still afraid the fat guy in the red suit is going to eat him.
5) My NaNo project has turned into TWO projects. And I’ll dig in right after the holidays. I’m still writing, but I have some time-sensitive projects that need to get done soon. And they’re projects that I enjoy, so there’s that to be thankful for, too.
6) The kids aren’t too big yet.
What’s on your gratitude list?