I see weird things. When you work in a zoo or have kids, weird becomes a way of life.
Chameleons who have outgrown the tiny branches scrunches down like baby Huey so it’ll fit? Nah, that’s normal.
Memorial auto decals?
Yes, weird. I haven’t changed my mind. But not the weirdest. I just saw something that took the taco when it comes to the inexplicable.
I was walking in a park I’ve visited a dozen times or more, and tonight for the first time, I noticed this. Click to enlarge. It’s still a terrible picture, but you can see it better.
Need a closeup? Brace yourself.
I walked around this… I don’t know what to call it. Statue? Obelisk? Travesty? I’ll go with that one… and I walked around it some more. I thought I was tired, or maybe someone had slipped some drugs in my Fiber One snack cake. (Shut up. They’re tasty, and who doesn’t like to poop?) But no. It’s a head mounted on a post.
A nice plaque rests right in front identifying the disembodied head as that of a former mayor. Questions. I have questions.
- Was it sculpted out of play-doh by a class of preschoolers? The stump neck has too many thumb prints for my comfort.
- Could they not afford a whole statue? Did they, perhaps, buy it on time? Will the torso arrive this Christmas?
- Is this statue a warning to the surrounding counties as to what happens when you cut the library budget?
- Did the former mayor step down, or was he cut down in a battle with a goblin?
- Was his successor Vlad the Impaler?
I know bronze work is expensive, but maybe save some money and plant a nice tulip garden instead? Just a suggestion.
What weird things have you seen this week?