Maybe I’m not such a great parent after all.
My parenting philosophy can be summed up in three words. “Keep Expectations Low.” I need that on a t-shirt. Because I’ve never taken them on vacation (Go ahead and judge me. I am TERRIBLE!), I don’t have to do much to impress the boys. They’re better off that way.
I could drive them around the block and show up at the YMCA, and they’d still think it an exotic vacation if they get to:
- play video games in bed until 11pm.
- enjoy cable TV – although Squish learned that having 50 channels doesn’t guarantee that there is something to actually watch. It was a hard life lesson for him.
- get snacks from a vending machine
- continental breakfast, whether it boasts a waffle maker or dog turd sandwiches.
- swim in a pool – and let me tell you, size does not matter. Our motel pool is smaller than the double bed in the motel room, and they still think they are Mr. and Mrs. Howell.
One day, maybe we’ll actually get cable at home, and then they will NEVER leave! NAH!