This is a good post for me to do today. It’s only the second week of January and already this year is trying to eat me alive. It’s way too easy to focus on the negative. I don’t want to do that. I have it pretty good, and I need to remember that. I am grateful for:
- The disaster that is 2018. God knows what we all need, and he shapes us. The way to mold silver is with fire, and without the heat, I’ll stay the same sad shape. I have needed my series of unfortunate events because it has forced me to do the thing that is hardest for me to do – to ask for (and accept) help. I am an independent person. I can do it myself. MYSELF, DO YOU HEAR ME? And then suddenly, I can’t. Yesterday alone I had to ask for help five times. Yeah, I hate being helpless so much that I keep track. And it’s good for me. People want to help, just like I want to help people. From getting a lift home to getting someone to drive me and a giant aquarium across the zoo because I can’t carry it myself, I have humbled myself.
This dog.She makes me laugh, she gets me off my bum to go for walkies, she keeps the kitties in their proper place.
- And this guy. Here he is all ready for the eclipse.
And in gallery format:
- Friends who make me coffee
- the Women’s March
- those days when my students really seem to get it and engage in the material
- possibilities on the horizon
- a car that needs a new engine but will still get me to work
- my church family
- My God who is bigger than all of this and who has the whole world in His hands.
- Students who won’t stop talking to each other because they have discovered some cool science experiments they really want to share their friends.
- My job.
- Good books.
- My computer, even though I hate Windows 10.
- All my kids.
- Plants! All the weird and wonderful plants!
There’s more, but my brain has entered shut-down mode, and I can’t be all that effective. I need to Post this today so I can be a part of Dawn’s link up.
What are you grateful for? Share the joy.
How to join in: write your own post and publish it. Copy the link from the post. Then click on the frog below, and follow the instructions to add your link. If you have any trouble, please let me know, and I’d be happy to help. I will also add a link to each post on my own blog post, as they are published. For extra fun, please add the hashtags #BloggersUnite and/or #50HappyThings… because, well, everyone loves a hashtag! The link-up expires January 15th at 11:59pm.
Don’t forget to visit the other linked blogs!