I must say that I am thrilled to pieces to be nominated for any kind of blogging award. I know this one doesn’t come with a million dollar, no-strings-attached check, but knowing that there are people out there who at least sometimes enjoy what I write makes me feel like a million bucks.
The first thing I would like to do is specifically thank the blogger who sent me this nifty little icon. I always try to read the blogs of those who comment on mine, and I’m really glad I did. Dogs, kids, the occasional rant. What’s not to like? If you have a moment, be sure to check out “WhatIMeant2Say“
I am also asked to list seven fascinating things about me. I’ll pretend my readers care that:
1) I have 3 kids, but I usually only blog about one. Two of them are old enough to be potentially embarrassed by stuff that I write, and they’ve asked to prescreen anything I post about them. That seems fair to me. Squish, on the other hand, is at the age of implied consent.
2) I used to breed leopard geckos. Lots of them. And when Squish is older, I will, again. I have better pictures, but I can’t find them right now. Bonus fact: I may get a new snake very soon.
3) I can buck-dance. Which isn’t dirty. And when I hear bluegrass music, I have to dance. Standing still is not an option.
4) When I was in high school, my dog was nationally ranked in AKC obedience. I trained and showed him myself.
5) Whole Food’s mango almonds make me want to cry. But in a good way.
6) I was a fat kid. My grandmother made me a White Rabbit costume for my role in the school play, and I can still wear it.
7) I used to work on a sheep farm.
And now the hard part. Naming fellow bloggers for the award. This is actually my favorite section to read because I may find a new blog to love! I read a LOT of blogs. I have tried to choose those that haven’t already received the award, just to share the love. And if I didn’t mention you, it doesn’t mean that I don’t love you! I only follow the blogs that I want to have in my inbox. I’ve got a ton of subscriptions to read this morning, and I will read them all, so your work does matter. It’s just that I have limited space. So here goes. In no particular order.
Hyperbole and a Half Yes, she’s famous, is publishing a book, etc. But she’s funny.
The Quiet Voice Read a few of his book reviews and other entries. And then I will tell you that he is in high school. Some of the best writing I have come across in a long time. Gives me hope for the future.
Peas and Cougars Very funny. And some days it has cartoons. Double score.
A blog about poop. What’s not to like.
Woman in Thrisis I blog to which I can often relate. A lot.
The Ramblings Another funny one.
Adventures of Little People When you’re not looking, those little Fisher Price folks are up to some rather strange stuff.
Ramblings and Rumblings Another funny blog with solid writing.
The Byronic Man Stuff I wish I had written
The Middlest Sister So creative. Told with actual story boards. Must see to appreciate!
Usyaka Primarily photography. Of a very unique cat.
Brain For Thought Don’t read while eating. You will laugh until you choke.
And a couple of other blogs that have received the award but I want to mention anyway.
It Happens Every Day One of my faves. A dynamic blogging duo that makes me laugh.
If I Were Brave Honest and heartfelt
So there you have it. Check ‘em out. It would make me happy, and we all know that is what life is about.