Let me start by asking this. Did you know that when you create an Amazon wish list, the default address is NONE, unless you click “manage list” and add one? I did not know that. Now you do, too. It’s important for what follows.
So The Bloggess recently hosted her annual Booksgiving, where people post their wish list, and others (usually complete strangers) surprise them by treating them to their book. A group of us are huge fans of hers, and some of us missed it, so we’re going to host it in-house! YAY!
Lumen says books are GOOD!
I was going to create a spreadsheet like I do for the Christmas swap, but we’ve had a death in the family, and I am just not going to have time. But I said I would do SOMETHING, so here it is. If someone wants to create a Google Doc to share or wants to take it over, let me know in the comments. I can lock comments here and move everything to the spreadsheet. Otherwise…
Here’s how it works:
- Create a BRAND NEW Amazon wish list with ONE BOOK on it. If you have a preference for e-book or audio, add a comment beside the book.
- Click on “send list to others,” and copy the link.
- Paste it in the comments here.
- If you are international, list your country in your comment so you can find each other.
- To buy for others, just click their link.
- Only put one book on your list. Only one. If you are hoping to get a book for your kid, too, they need their own list, please. Post them both in a single comment.
- Don’t add more stuff to the list after someone buys it. I know my Bloggess Buddies wouldn’t add stuff, but it’s best to say it because not everyone that reads this will be familiar with the swap.
- If you can afford to buy for someone else, please do. It would be fantastic if everyone was able to get a book.
- If you cannot afford to buy for someone else, don’t feel badly about it.
- Why do I have to create a NEW list? Because if stuff shows up on your list as “purchased,” people get a bad taste in their mouths.
- To Participate, must I be a part of the Bloggess Buddies group (on Twitter the hashtag says “tribe,” but I am non-native, and I feel more comfortable using “buddy”)? Not necessarily. If you’re a regular reader, go ahead and jump in the pool!
Ya’ll, I will be out of pocket for a while. I cannot promise I can monitor the post. Use your best judgment. Most of you will recognize the folks you interact with regularly on the Twitter or from here in my comments section.
But some of them come in big ones. Great big ones.
Amy at Lucy’s Football is celebrating 2 whole years in the blogging world. You may remember her when she was Freshly Pressed with this magnificent post.
Amy is awesome. She shares my disdain for mean practical jokery, and she loves theatre so much that I need to go and see her so we can take in a Broadway play together.
Anyway, she had a sneaky giveaway, and guess who won? Um, yeah. Me. Yippee! Hop on over and pay a visit and catch my guest post. And what was in the giveaway? I can’t tell you. You’ll have to visit the photo montage to find out.
Come and visit by clicking here, and be sure to congratulate her on two whole years of blogging!
I came home the other day and found a package on my doorstep. And it had my name on it. I hadn’t ordered anything, so it was completely unexpected. I checked the return address, and it was from one of my favorite people in the world. When it comes to surprise packages, I’m like a four year old. I ran inside (I did hold the door for my actual four year old, so I’m not totally thoughtless) and ripped into it. Turns out that the people I love know me and love me anyway.
It was a get-well package. I’m feeling better already.
And she said I don’t have to share. Which is good because I wasn’t going to. And now there’s no guilt.
I feel the love!
The road to hell may be paved with good intentions, but it turns out that the road to recovery is paved with MoonPies.
Courtesy of the Girl Child
Happy Halloween, friends! Stay safe, get lots of candy, save some for me!
My friend sj is celebrating her wedding anniversary today! Be sure to pop over and wish her a happy day! To get there, click here.
One of my birthday wishes was to win the giveaway over at Peas and Cougars. If you are not familiar with this brilliant comic blog, you are missing out. Go read it.
I didn’t win the giveaway, but upon learning that the Art Killed My Baby mug was one of my birthday wishes, the winner asked that her prize be passed on to me. Thank you to Rae at Peas and Cougars for the awesome prize, and especially to Amira at Mindblur for her generosity. Thanks for helping to make it my best birthday EVER. It’s not a flying coffee pot, but the kindness of strangers is even better.
Cookies sold separately.
If you’d like to see the original cartoon, you can read it here.
If you’d like to buy a mug of your own, be sure to stop over here.
May your dreams come true, as well.
Oh, sweet friend, I will miss you. We have shared special times. You have been there for me, I wake in the darkness and find comfort in you. And now you will go, cold, unyielding rejection in place of your warm embrace. A scream in the night. I knew you couldn’t stay. Our time together is always too fleeting. I see the falling leaves as a sign that we will soon be parted. Not forever, I know. Spring will bring our joyous reunion. Until then, my friend, goodbye.
Farewell, warm toilet seat.